Florida Bus Accident Litigation Attorneys Fight for Your Rights
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration 4,440 large trucks and buses were involved
in fatal accidents in 2016. This shows a two percent increase from the previous year and a 29 percent
increase since 2009. Additionally, large trucks or buses were involved in 119,000 injury crashes. Intercity
buses account for 13 percent of bus accidents, school buses account for 40 percent and transit buses
account for 40 percent of fatal bus accidents.
At Lampariello Law, our skilled lawyers are well-acquainted with the debilitating injuries bus accident
Bus accidents are more likely to cause serious injuries than accidents involving only passenger vehicles.
Our attorneys have handled several cases involving bus accident litigation and have a track record of
We are available to discuss your legal options during a complimentary consultation.
Causes of Bus Accidents
Bus accidents may occur for a number of reasons, ranging from negligence on the part of the bus driver,
to hectic schedules to defective automotive parts. Some of the most common causes of bus accidents
- Poor visibility or weather conditions
- Defective bus equipment
- Tired bus drivers
- Inadequately trained bus drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Poor bus maintenance
- Impaired passenger or bus drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Dangerous roadways
- Overcrowded buses
Bus accidents can result in significant harm to victims, including expensive medical bills, extensive time
off work, and pain and suffering. Damages may be catastrophic due to the large size and power of a bus.
A personal injury attorney can assess your case to determine if you have a claim against a negligent bus
driver, bus company, or other party.
Common Bus Accident Injuries
Every bus accident is different and the injuries that a victim sustains depend on several factors, including
their location in or around the bus, the speed the vehicles were traveling, whether the victim was wearing
a seat belt, and the location of the collision. Some common bus accident injuries include:
- Whiplash or other soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Parties Who May Be Responsible for Your Bus Accident Injuries
The party or parties who may be legally responsible for your accident depend on why the accident
occurred. Some possible people who may be named as a defendant in a personal injury lawsuit include:
- Bus driver – The bus driver may be responsible for drinking and driving, driving in a reckless manner, or failing to follow traffic rules.
- Bus owner – The owner of the bus may be responsible for hiring an inexperienced bus driver or failing to properly maintain the bus. The owner may be a public entity such as the state of Florida, a school district, or a private company.
- Maintenance company – A company that is responsible for maintaining the bus may be liable if poor maintenance contributed to the accident, such as brake failure or tire blowouts.
- Manufacturer – If a defective product or bus resulted in an accident, the manufacturer may be legally liable.
- Third party – If a negligent driver caused the accident, he or she may be responsible. If the driver was working at the time of the accident, the employer may be held responsible.
How a Bus Accident Litigation Lawyer Can Help
Bus accidents often involve legal complexities and require the assistance of a personal injury lawyer
trained in personal injury and wrongful death law.
An experienced personal injury lawyer can take steps to protect your rights and your legal claim. For
example, if you have a claim against a governmental entity like a municipality or a school district, you may
have very limited time to inform the entity of your potential claim.
We can ensure that your case is handled expeditiously so your claim is preserved.
A skilled personal injury attorney can handle negotiations with insurance companies and defendants. We
are familiar with the extensive damages that you have suffered and can present a demand package that
seeks full compensation for the accident. We can negotiate a settlement or proceed to trial if fair
compensation is denied.
We can handle every aspect of your claim, including initiating an investigation to determine its cause and
reviewing accident and police reports.
Additionally, we can interview witnesses, photograph the accident scene, analyze your medical records,
and determine if there is any video footage of the accident. We can also request information from the
defendants and other parties that can assist in establishing legal liability and the extent of your damages.
Please call us today for a free consultation. Once involved in your case, the attorneys of Lampariello
Law will persistently and passionately fight to get you the compensation you deserve.